Presentation Casts and Slack Line Aerial Mends Fly Casting
Improving your Fly Casting Skills with Gary Turri - FFI Certified Fly Casting Instructor
I have always said that “fly fishing” is all about “line control.” After your line lands on the water, the better your line control skills are, the more fish you will hook.
If you fly fish for trout in moving water this class teaches you the presentation casts and aerial mends needed to avoid spooking fish and also to get a longer drag free drift. This class teaches the Specialty Casts and Aerial Mends needed to fool finicky trout in moving water. The class will cover the Curve, Tuck, Pile and Parachute Cast and the two most useful Aerial Mends which are the Reach Mend and the Wiggle Mend.
The class size is limited to a maximum of 6 students.
This class will be 3 hours on Saturday, June 5, 2021 and conducted at San Ramon Central Park, located at 7000 Bollinger road in San Ramon.
Your $50.00 payment will secure your spot.
Cash price: You may pay by check or cash directly to the Club Treasurer within two weeks of registration and not pay the credit card surcharge of 3.0% if you desire. If you do pay cash you will be put into "Pending Registration" until your payment is received within the two weeks. Late payments will require you to register once again if there is space still available. The cost for this class is $50 for each participant. A participant may also add up to two guests for $50 each, except members will receive first priority towards any openings.
Credit Card price: Price of $51.50 for participants and their guests includes payment by credit card with the 3.0% surcharge.
Please register here on the website to secure a spot in the class. If you need further information please contact Rob Farris (TVFF Education Director) at (925)286-5502 or email me at RFFarris@comcast.net.
TVFF Cancellation Policy:
To sign-up for a TVFF Event that is currently open for registration and chargeable (as set by the Fishmeister), you must both register and pay online, or via check or cash, within two weeks of registering (sent to the TVFF Treasurer) whatever fee is described for that particular Event (trip) at the time of registration. There may be multiple payments required before the trip is actually taken (usually in the case of expensive trips), but it is necessary that you do make payment in the above timely fashion for the initial amount to secure your position on the trip. However, please note that you are still responsible for the entire amount of the trip if you should need to cancel.
Once you are registered, there are no refunds for chargeable Events and trips. In the situation that a member is, for any reason unable to attend, they may resell their registration slot to another TVFF member (by first pulling from the waitlist if one exists). New participants must come first from the waitlist in the order they signed up. The member cancelling is fully and solely responsible for contacting potential members to replace them and notifying the appropriate Fishmeister.
If an event/trip is fully registered and closed to registration, you may still sign up on the Wait List to be notified if there are any cancellations. In such a case of registering provisionally on the Wait List, you do not have to pay until such time that you clear the Wait List and are confirmed for participation.
Tri Valley Fly Fishers
COVID-19 (Coronavirus) Protocol
TVFF Outings Policy as of September 20, 2020
As a club, the Tri Valley Fly Fishers have developed and agreed to a set of required guidelines, protocols and rules in order to help direct our members on ways to stay safe day, multi-day outings, or individual “Tag-Alongs”.
These protocols were developed by the TVFF Board of Directors as well as input from other local clubs which included a member virologist, various safety committees, and member experts. We feel that these protocols and guidelines are consistent with public health information and experts. These protocols are assured, observed, and enforced by outing leaders as well as members themselves. Extra masks, spray disinfectant and sanitizer are available from the outing leaders.
Please note that the Tri Valley Fly Fishers accepts no liability for inadequate protection or the transmission of Covid-19 among members or guests. Therefore, each member should review the following protocols that the Club subscribes to and make an individual decision of whether to participate in an activity or not, based upon their individual circumstances and personal safety.
TVFF Outings protocols are as follows:
- If you are sick with cold/flu symptoms then we ask you to please stay home
- All attendees should drive up and back alone for outings unless you are in mutually agreed social bubble where both parties have been tested negative and agreed to the risk (such as family members)
- On all outings the Club will have available and use an Infrared Thermometer temperature checks
- We believe in social distancing and require that all members keep a full fly rod distance of at least 6’ distance between parties
- We ask that all parties wear masks if within 6’; even if only briefly. Note that the CDC has not recommended the use of buffs or gaiters as the material is not thick enough for adequate protection.
- Everyone will be responsible for making, bringing, and consuming their own separate food and drinks
- When camping all members and guests are required to use separate camping tents or rooms, when hotels are arranged
- Please handle your own gear (and your own fish!) only. No sharing for doctored fish pictures.
- In the event that there are common surfaces (i.e. car surfaces, door handles, etc.) please wipe them down with sanitizer or hand wipes
- All attendees should wash and sanitize their hands frequently